- OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- VIDEO GAMES EVENT is an official Reel Theory Productions sanctioned contest. Official contest rules and regulations are created and governed by Video Games Event in association with Reel Theory Productions.
- Submitting participants of VIDEO GAMES EVENT will automatically become registered with Reel Theory Productions. Video Games reserves the right to exclude, and disqualify any entry, that does not meet guidelines outlined in this document.
- All videos must be uploaded to Vimeo before the Official voting date posted per event. Each video must be uploaded as “private” and held private until the official first day of voting. Any video posted and shared before these listed deadlines will be disqualified from official voting. Once uploaded submit your video link to IMPORT@VIDEOGAMESEVENT.COM
- Voting is determined by number of VIEWS and LIKES. If someone “likes” your video you will receive 1 vote. In addition to “likes”, “Views” will also be counted. A combination of these two factors will tally a final score for the Viewers Choice award. This tally for Viewers Choice is worth 40% of your total score. Your other 60% score comes from the official judging criteria listed below.
- JUDGING CRITERIA: Official contest judges will select the top edits based on the team or individual’s ability to develop an edit that has a unique and effective style that is complementary to the spirit of the designated sport. Their decisions will be based on their overall accepted qualities of post-production excellence. Five basic principles of quality will be applied to the judging format; 1- Quality of Filming; 2- Quality of Action; 3- Quality of Creativity, 4- Quantity of Views, 5- Quality of theme or story.
- OFFICIAL VIDEO GAMES EVENT CONTEST JUDGES: Official contest judges will be comprised of the following: Professional video editors, Video Games Event’s creative team, Reel Theory Production’s creative team, and guest judges specializing in the world of progressive post-production. Video Games Event reserves the right to changes judges at any time.
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE:
- Big Boulder, PA – January 18th, 2014; The official submission period is January 19th, 2013 to January 24th, 2014. Edits submitted before or after this window will not be accepted. The official BigBoulder voting will commence on Jan25th, 2014, and finalize on January 31st, 2014. Winners and Prizes will be announced on February 1st, 2014
- Gunstock, NH – January 25th, 2014; The official submission period is January 26th, 2013 to January 31st, 2014. Edits submitted before or after this window will not be accepted. The official Gunstock voting will commence on February 1st, 2014, and finalize on February 7th, 2014. Winners and Prizes will be announced on February 8th, 2014
- Nashoba Valley, MA – February 8th, 2014; The official submission period is February 9th, 2014 to February 14th, 2014. Edits submitted before or after this window will not be accepted. The official Nashoba Valley voting will commence on February 15th, 2014, and finalize on February 21st, 2014. Winners and Prizes will be announced on February 22nd, 201
- Sunday River, ME- February 15th, 2014; The official submission period is February 16th, 2014 to February 21st, 2014. Edits submitted before or after this window will not be accepted. The official Sunday River voting will commence on February 22nd, 2014, and finalize on February 28th, 2014. Winners and Prizes will be announced on March 1st, 2014
- Waterville Valley, NH – February 22nd, 2014; The official submission period is February 23rd, 2014 to February 28th, 2014. Edits submitted before or after this window will not be accepted. The official Waterville Valley voting will commence on March 1st, 2014, and finalize on March 7th, 2014. Winners and Prizes will be announced on March 8th, 2014
- Sugarbush VT – March 15th, 2014; The official submission period is March 16th, 2014 to March 21st, 2014. Edits submitted before or after this window will not be accepted. The official Sugarbush voting will commence on March 23rd, 2014, and finalize on March 28th, 2014. Winners and Prizes will be announced on March 29th, 2014
Edit Guidelines: All edits are required to be 2 minutes or less using the provided intro and ender footage, images, logos and audio. All teams will be given a specific “task list,” that will designate mandatory shots required to qualify for the contest. Those submitting edits are encouraged to use any post-production techniques necessary to convey their own unique style of editing. All work submitted beyond the footage that has been provided by Video Games Event and Reel Theory Productions must be exclusively that of the submitting team. Additional footage may be shot and submitted and will be accepted at the discretion of Video Games Event. All additional footage will become the property of Video Games Event and will not be returned. Video Games Event and Reel Theory Productions will review all material before uploading to the voting home page. Video Games will not post any submissions that have crude content, including but not limited to nudity, unacceptable language, fowl gestures, racial slurs, racist symbols, and any forms of hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and/or sexual orientation/gender identity).
- MUSIC: Use of music is limited to the database provided by GoPro/Video Games Event. Edits submitted with non-approved Video Games Music will be ineligible for voting submission.
1- RTP Music Selection (Available through a downloadable link)
2- Free Music Archive . Org (Request Permission from Artists)
3- Pond5.com – Music for purchase with rights
4- Original Scores (Friends and Family owned music rights)
ENTRY FEES: There is a designated entry fee specified on the VideoGamesEvent.com website.
- Resort Fee = Special event lift ticket rate. ($25-$35 dollars per ticket)
- Entry Fee = VGE will charge $20 per video/per event
Age Restrictions: Entrants must be 13 years of age to participate, otherwise parental consent is required. Parental consent is required for any participants age twelve (12) and under. Edits must be the original work of the participant. All edits must be submitted to: www.videogamesevent.com/
The contest is open submission. Both professional and amateur editors may participate. Entries may only be made by those that have completed the waiver. Edits may not be submitted by a third party on behalf of an editor. Edits may be submitted by editors from around the world.
PUBLICATION: Entrants agree to allow Video Games Event and its partners to publish submitted video and imagery in print or electronic form, for use in Video Games Event and Reel Theory Productions promotions, www.reeltheory.com or www.videogamesevent.com, on future Video Games Event or Reel Theory Productions DVD releases, and on marketing and event advertising without compensation.
AWARDS/PRIZES: (Final list pending; Detailed Prize List will be announced on January 1st, 2014.)
- Each of the 6 participating resorts will receive the following prizes.
- 1st Place – GoPro Hero 3+, SMITH Optics Eyewear package, Dakine Filmer Back Pack, Camtrol Sniper, Entry into SuperFinal for the Trip to Aspen with SMITH Optics.
- 2nd Place – Entry into SuperFinal for the Trip to Aspen with SMITH Optics, SMITH Optics Eyewear package, Dakine Filmer back pack filled with goodies
- 3rd Place – Entry into SuperFinal for the Trip to Aspen with SMITH Optics, Dakine Filmer bag, Filled with SMITH Swag
- Grand Prize: A trip to Aspen for the SMITH Optics Grudge Match in Aspen Colorado on April 6th 2014. Trip for 1 winning team includes flights, lift passes, and accommodations for 4 night and 5 days! Get to ride with some of the Smith Pro Team and compete in the Grudge Match for your chance to shine in Colorado!
- Overall Best Male and Best Female ACTION prize: Flow Snowboarding is giving away a complete board, boot and snowboard package.
- GoPro Giveaways:
- 1- PreRegister for a VGE on the East Coast Series (For Pre Registrants only. In order to win you must be a paying VGE contestant.)
- 2- Like the VGE FB page (Must like the FB Page between January 1st 2014 and March 15th 2014 in order to be able to win. Previous fans are pre entered)
- 3- Best Instagram photo with @videogamesevent and #filmyourfaceoff must be entered to win. (Best Instagram event will be pooled from all event series, and from regular Instagram fans)
- SuperFinal, Grand Prize qualification: In order to be eligible for the Grand Prize trip to Aspen, you must be a top 3 finisher from the VGE East Coast Series. We will pool all the videos together and tally the Views, Likes, and also combine the judging criteria from our VGE platform to decide the overall winners.
- GENERAL AGREEMENT: Submission of an entry to the contest automatically constitutes the entrant’s acceptance of all conditions set forth in the above rules.
- Entries not complying with these rules will be disqualified.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PHOTO/VIDEO CONTEST: PARTICIPANTS WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO CLAIM AMBIGUITY IN THE RULES, AND RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSORS, THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, PRIZE SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, ‘RELEASEES’), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO VIDEO GAMES EVENT AND REEL THEORY PRODUCTIONS, FROM AND AGAINST ANY INJURIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, OR ANY LIABILITY OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM OR ARISING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PHOTO CONTEST (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY USE, MISUSE, OR NONUSE OF THE PRIZE BY THE WINNER), OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE OR NONUSE OF THE PRIZE THAT MAY BE AWARDED. WINNERS AGREE TO ACCEPT THE PRIZES ‘AS IS’. WINNERS ASSUME ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE CAUSED, OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED, BY PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR USE OR REDEMPTION OF ANY PRIZE.ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By participating in this promotion, you agree to be bound by the Official Rules, the contest terms, each of the Sponsor’s privacy policies and the decisions of the judges which are final. The Sponsors reserve the right to change these rules or cancel the contest at any time, at its sole discretion. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any contest materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All material submitted becomes the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. All disputes relating to the contest shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The Sponsors are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any contest related materials; or for transactions that are lost, misdirected, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly, or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper transfer, mail system, human or other error; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, including inability to access any Web site associated with this contest, or process any transaction thereon. You acknowledge and agree that the contest is one of skill, not chance. You further acknowledge and agree that your ability to succeed in the contest will be based purely on your skill versus that of other participants. The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and is subject to all applicable mandatory federal (national), state and local laws.
Entrants are solely responsible for assuring that no legal claims are brought against Video Games Event/Reel Theory Productions or its partners for any legal claims brought against them regarding the content of their submitted image or the subjects in their submitted image. If any third party claims are brought against the Sponsor or its partners, the entrants hereby acknowledge and agree to indemnify the Sponsor and its partners.
Sponsors and Organizers have the right to cancel or suspend the contest at any time. Sponsors and Organizers have the right to change or alter the rules of this contest at any time.