IT’S AS EASY AS 1-2-3
- 1. FORM A TEAM AND SEND IN YOUR FORMS (Must complete to receive cameras)
- 2. RECEIVE YOUR CAMERAS AND START FILMING
- 3. SUBMIT YOUR VIDEOS BY THE DEADLINES PROVIDED
We are encouraging all series to use this video as a way to help promote your region. Please take the time to explore and discuss what makes your series the best series in the USASA. Give us reasons why we should pick your series as the overall winning series. We encourage the best riding possible, the best use of camera work, and the best story line possible. This is your chance to shine and show the world why your series is the best!
- USASA Series Edit Event Contest
- The official submission deadline for Series Directors is January 7th, 2015
- Team riders, filmers, and official editor must be named at the time of submission.
- Cameras will be shipped January 15th, 2015
- The official contest FILMING period is January 1st, 2015 to March 15th, 2015.
- Final Series Edits are due no later than March 22nd 2015
- All deadlines are accepted until the 11:59:59 pm EST hour of that given day. Any submission received past this time frame will excluded from the event.
- Edit Guidelines: Final series edits are required to be three (3) minutes or less using the provided intro and ender footage, images, logos and audio. All teams will be given a specific “task list,” that will designate other mandatory shots required to qualify for the contest. Those submitting edits are encouraged to use any post-production techniques necessary to convey their own unique style of editing. All work submitted (beyond the footage that has been provided by USASA & Go Pro / VIDEO GAMES EVENT and Reel Theory Productions) must be exclusively that of the submitting team. Additional footage may be shot and submitted and will be accepted at the discretion of USASA and Video Games Event. All additional footage will become the property of USASA & Go Pro / VIDEO GAMES EVENT and will not be returned. USASA & Go Pro / VIDEO GAMES EVENT and Reel Theory Productions will review all material before uploading to the voting home page. Video Games will not post any submissions that have crude content, including but not limited to nudity, unacceptable language, foul gestures, racial slurs, racist symbols, and any forms of hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and/or sexual orientation/gender identity). USASA and VGE reserves the right to restrict any team from entering with improper material used in the submitted edit.
- MUSIC: Use of music is limited to the database provided by GoPro / USASA / Video Games Event. Edits submitted with non-approved Video Games Music will be ineligible for voting submission.
- RTP Music Selection (Available through a downloadable link)
- Music Sites like: MusicBed.com, Pond5.com, or FreeMusicArchive.org
- Original Scores (Friends and Family owned music rights)
FORMAT: Submissions can be made only via the online upload process and will be limited to .MOV files only, exported at 1280 x 720. This is the only format that has been approved by Video Games Event.
- For additional support follow instructions: https://vimeo.com/help/compression
- To find tutorials from each editing software on the right side of the page.
GRAPHIC INSERT: VGE will email all editors an animated graphic insert on March 1st. This graphic must be added to the beginning of the edit and to the end of the edit to qualify for submission.
SUBMISSION: Series Directors will be emailed a “upload code” on March 14th. This code for upload is good for 1 week. All videos must be submitted to this code within this time frame.
ENTRY FEES: There is no designated entry fee specified to this event, but to participate you must be a current member of the USASA for the 2013/2014 season. Entrants must be 13 years of age to participate, otherwise parental consent is required. Parental consent is required for any participants age twelve (12) and under.
Edits must be the original work of the participant. All edits must be submitted to: email@example.com
This contest is open submission. Both professional and amateur editors may participate. The official entries may only be made by those teams, which have completed the waiver and letter of intent. Edits may not be submitted by a third party on behalf of an editor, except if its from the series director.
PUBLICATION: Entrants agree to allow USASA & Go Pro / VIDEO GAMES EVENT and its partners to publish submitted video and imagery in print or electronic form, for use in USASA & Go Pro / VIDEO GAMES EVENT and Reel Theory Productions promotions, www.reeltheory.com or www.videogamesevent.com, www.usasa,org, www.gopro.com on future USASA & Go Pro / VIDEO GAMES EVENT or Reel Theory Productions DVD releases, and on marketing and event advertising without compensation.
AWARDS/PRIZES: All prizes listed below will be awarded at the final day of awards at Copper Mtn. Top 10 videos will be revealed on Nationals Movie night. Our guest panel will be in attendance to talk about the video who were selected and why they were selected. (Final list of prizes pending; Detailed Prize List will be announced on January 15th, 2015.)
- Grand Prize (Gold)
▪ Woodward Prize: 2 Free Digital Media Summer Camp Sessions and 2 Free Snowboard / Ski Camp Sessions to winners of USASA National Video Contest (1 from each Woodward Snow location Boreal and Copper)
▪ Cash: $1000* dollar scholarship to the winning series
▪ Go Pro Swag
- Silver (Ski and Snowboard)
▪ Cash Prize: $500* dollar scholarship to the winning series
▪ Gear; From Participating Sponsors
▪ GoPro Swag
- Bronze (Ski and Snowboard)
▪ $250* dollar scholarship to the winning series
▪ Gear: From Participating Sponsors
▪ GoPro Swag
- Series Prize: GoPro Hero4 for best rider in series edit
* Note- All cash prizes are awarded to the winning “Series”. This money is used a donation to help the series financial obligations.
OFFICIAL USASA & GO PRO / VIDEO GAMES EVENT CONTEST JUDGES: Official contest judges will be comprised of the following: Professional GoPro Team Riders, USASA Team Riders, Video Games Event creative team, Reel Theory Production’s creative team, and guest judges specializing in the world of progressive post-production. USASA & Go Pro / VIDEO GAMES EVENT reserves the right to changes judges at any time. Final list of judges will be announced sometime between February 1st, 2015, and March 15th 2015.
JUDGING FORMAT: The final 10 videos will be selected from a panel of selected judges. Judges will base all videos on the elements below. Judges will review top 30 videos and pick the top ten based on the quality of edits listed below.
- VGE standard judging
- 30% Viewers Choice (Based on views)
- 30% Filming Quality (Use of camera, focus, steady, depth of field, framing)
- 20% Story Line (basis of series story)
- 10% Stand Out Rider
- 5% Riding Quality (level of action skiing of snowboarding)
- 5% Tempo (flow, overall impression)
JUDGING CRITERIA: Official contest judges will select the top edits based on the team or individual’s ability to develop an edit that has a unique and effective style that is complementary to the spirit of the designated sport. Their decisions will be based on their overall accepted qualities of post-production excellence. Four basic principles of quality will be applied to the judging format; 1-Quality of Filming; 2- Stand Out Performances 3 -Story Line 4- Overall Impression (tempo)
GENERAL AGREEMENT: Submission of an entry to the contest automatically constitutes the entrant’s acceptance of all conditions set forth in the above rules. Entries not complying with these rules will be disqualified.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PHOTO/VIDEO CONTEST: PARTICIPANTS WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO CLAIM AMBIGUITY IN THE RULES, AND RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSORS, THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, PRIZE SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, ‘RELEASEES’), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO USASA & GO PRO / VIDEO GAMES EVENT AND REEL THEORY PRODUCTIONS, FROM AND AGAINST ANY INJURIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, OR ANY LIABILITY OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM OR ARISING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PHOTO CONTEST (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY USE, MISUSE, OR NONUSE OF THE PRIZE BY THE WINNER), OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE OR NONUSE OF THE PRIZE THAT MAY BE AWARDED. WINNERS AGREE TO ACCEPT THE PRIZES ‘AS IS’. WINNERS ASSUME ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE CAUSED, OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED, BY PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR USE OR REDEMPTION OF ANY PRIZE.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By participating in this promotion, you agree to be bound by the Official Rules, the contest terms, each of the Sponsor’s privacy policies and the decisions of the judges which are final. The Sponsors reserve the right to change these rules or cancel the contest at any time, at its sole discretion. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any contest materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All material submitted becomes the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. All the disputes relating to this contest shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The Sponsors are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any contest related materials; or for transactions that are lost, misdirected, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted
late or incorrectly, or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper transfer, mail system, human or other error; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, including inability to access any Web site associated with this contest, or process any transaction thereon. You acknowledge and agree that the contest is one of skill, not chance. You further acknowledge and agree that your ability to succeed in the contest will be based purely on your skill versus that of other participants. The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and is subject to all applicable mandatory federal (national), state and local laws.
Entrants are solely responsible for assuring that no legal claims are brought against Video Games Event/Reel Theory Productions or its partners for any legal claims brought against them regarding the content of their submitted image or the subjects in their submitted image. If any third party claims are brought against the Sponsor or its partners, the entrants hereby acknowledge and agree to indemnify the Sponsor and its partners.
Sponsors and Organizers have the right to cancel or suspend the contest at any time. Sponsors and Organizers have the right to change or alter the rules of this contest at any time.
No Assignment: Neither party may assign or transfer its right and obligations under this agreement without the written approval of the other party.
Entire Agreement: This Agreement, including the exhibits attached hereto, constitutes the entire agreement (with respect to this project) between the parties and supersedes any previous agreement between the parties. This agreement may not be altered, modified, amended or changed in whole or in part, except in writing, and executed by both parties.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto acknowledge that they have read this agreement, fully understand it, and freely and voluntarily agree to each of its provisions.
USASA Series Directors
AGREED AND ACCEPTED:
Names of participants:
Videographer #1 _________________________________________________________________________
Videographer #2 _________________________________________________________________________
Videographer #3 _________________________________________________________________________
(Not all Videographer are required. Videographer and Editor maybe the same person)
Primary Rider #1 _________________________________________________________________________
Primary Rider #2 _________________________________________________________________________
Primary Rider #3 _________________________________________________________________________
Primary Rider #4 _________________________________________________________________________
Additional Riders _________________________________________________________________________
(Name the most likely participants from your series. You do not need to know exact names and or numbers now. This helps us gauge your series participation from the start)
Comments, Concerns, or Complaints about the above information will be considered and addressed at the time of submission. Please take the time to voice your opinion now. No arguments will be considered after the submission deadline of January 1st. Thanks for your time and consideration.
USASA-VGE 2015 presented by GoPro
By submitting the above document participants agree to the Release of liability below.
VIDEO GAMES LLC, VIDEO GAMES EVENT
SPONSORED COMPETITOR WARNING, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE OF LIABILITY & INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING. THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY & WAIVER OF CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS.
1. The person who is taking part in the sponsored competition in any capacity, including but not limited to, as a competitor, to officiate, observe, work for or participate in any way in the Event noted above or being permitted to enter for any purpose the location of the Event shall be referred to hereinafter as “Participant”. The “Undersigned” means only the Participant when the Participant is age 18 or older OR it means both the Participant and the Participant’s parent or legal guardian when the Participant is under the age of 18. The Undersigned agree and understand that skiing, riding, training, competition and/or using any of the facilities of a ski area, including but not limited to use of the lifts, ski slopes, trails, and other equipment, for any purpose (hereinafter the “Activity”), can be HAZARDOUS AND INVOLVES THE RISK OF PHYSICAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
2. In consideration for allowing Participant to participate in the Activity, the Undersigned agree that THIS agreement shall be construed in accordance with, and governed by the substantive laws of the COMMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS, without reference to principles governing choice or conflicts of law. in addition, it is agreed THat all legal proceedings relating to the subject matter of this agreement, including but not limited to, any and all claims for injury and/or death arising from the Participant’s participation in the Activity shall be governed by the COMMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS law and exclusive jurisdiction of any claim shall be the District Court OF SUFFOLK COUNTY, MASSACHUSETTS or in the Federal Court for the COMMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTSAND THE UNDERSIGNED CONSENTS AND AGREES THAT JURISDICTION AND VENUE FOR SUCH PROCEEDINGS SHALL BE EXCLUSIVELY WITH SUCH COURTS.
3. The Undersigned are advised that a person using any of the facilities of the ski area is considered a skier. The Undersigned acknowledge and understand the dangers and risks of skiing and understand that the Participant, as a “skier” under the COMMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS law, ASSUMES ALL INHERENT DANGERS AND RISKS as provided by the Ski Safety Act (hereinafter “Act”).
4. The Undersigned further understand and agree that in signing this Agreement, the Undersigned are expresslyacknowledging and assuming additional risks and dangers that may result in property damage, physical injury and/or death above and beyond those outlined in the Act, including but not limited to: Terrain features, including but not limited to: jumps, hits, ramps, banks, fun boxes, jibs, rails, half pipes, quarter pipes, snowcross, bump terrain, and other constructed or natural terrain features; falling; avalanches; cornices; suffocation; drills; exercises; free skiing; traveling to and from an event; practice slopes; warm-up slopes; equipment failure; equipment malfunction; equipment damage; Participant’s use of his/her own personal equipment; Participant’s failure to maintain or adjust his/her own personal equipment; slick or uneven surfaces; slipping; tripping; loss of balance; rugged mountainous terrain; tree wells; downed timber; rocks of various sizes; holes; debris; marked and unmarked obstacles; drainage channels;; unmaintained trails; path and/or trail obstructions; unmarked roads and/or trails; Participant or another acting in a negligent manner that may cause and/or contribute to injury to Participant or others, such as selecting terrain that exceeds his/her ability and not acting within such ability; Participant’s failure to comply with signage; collisions with natural or man-made objects or collisions with other people; falling objects; collisions/encounters with snowmobiles, snowcats and/or other motor vehicles; use of freestyle terrain e.g. half-pipes, terrain parks, becoming lost or separated; lack of shelter; lift loading, unloading, and riding; storms, lightning, hail, snow and other adverse weather; limited access to and/or delay of medical attention; Participant’s health condition; strenuous activity; fatigue; exhaustion; dehydration; hypothermia; high elevation; altitude sickness; frostbite; & mental distress from exposure to any of the above.
5. Pursuant to the COMMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS law, Participant assumes the responsibility of maintaining control at all times while engaging in the Activity. Participant is responsible for reading, understanding and complying with all signage, including instructions on use of lifts. Participant must have the physical dexterity and knowledge to safely load, ride and unload the lifts. Participant assumes the risks of riding the lifts and engaging in activities accessible from the lifts. Further, the Undersigned understand that a minor Participant may use the ski lifts without an adult present. The Undersigned are advised that snowmobiles, snowmaking, and snow-grooming equipment may be encountered at any time, and the Undersigned recognize that falls and collisions occur and injuries are a common and ordinary occurrence of the Activity.
6. The Undersigned acknowledge and understand that the description of the risks listed above are not complete and that participating in the Activity, whether or not described, may be dangerous and may also include risks which are inherent and/or which cannot be reasonably avoided without changing the nature of the Activity. By signing this document, the Undersigned recognize that property loss, serious injury and death are all possible while participating in the Activity.
7. The Undersigned agree with the premise that the Participant is a competitor at all times, whether practicing for competition or in competition. The Undersigned understand that the Participant has the opportunity to inspect the ski/snowboard training course, venue, half-pipe, terrain park and/or competition course prior to participating in the Activity and that he/she assumes the risk of all course conditions, including but not limited to course construction or layout and obstacles. RECOGNIZING THE RISKS AND DANGERS, THE UNDERSIGNED UNDERSTAND THE NATURE OF THE ACTIVITY AND VOLUNTARILY CHOOSE FOR PARTICIPANT TO PARTICIPATE IN AND EXPRESSLY ASSUME ALLRISKS AND DANGERS OF THE ACTIVITY, WHETHER OR NOT DESCRIBED ABOVE, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, INHERENT OR OTHERWISE.
8. Additionally, in consideration for allowing the Participant to participate in the Activity, THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY AGREE NOT TO SUE VIDEO GAMES LLC, REELTHEORY PRODUCTIONS the Host Area, venue, U.S. Forest service, sanctioning body or any of their respective successors in interest, affiliated organizations and companies, insurance carriers, agents, employees, representatives, volunteers, assignees, officers, directors, and shareholders or the promoters, sponsors, advertisers, participants, instructors, racing associations, sanctioning organizations or any subdivisions thereof, resort owners and operators, vehicle operators, officials, rescue personnel, consultants, any persons in the Event location or any Restricted Area, owners and lessees of the Event location used to conduct the Event, premises and Event inspectors, surveyors, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions, or instructions or engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the Event location, the premises or Event and each of them, their directors, officers, agents and employees (each hereinafter a “Released Party””) for any property damage (including but not limited to equipment damage), injury or loss to Participant, including death, which Participant may suffer, arising in whole or in part out of Participant’s participation in the Activity. By agreeing not to sue, the Undersigned are releasing any right to make a claim or file a lawsuit against any Released Party. Also, the UNDERSIGNED AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS AND RELEASE EACH AND EVERY RELEASED PARTY FROM ANY AND ALL liability and/or claims for injury or death to persons or damage to property arising from Participant’s participation in the Activity, including, but not limited to, those claims based on any Released Party’s alleged or actual NEGLIGENCE or BREACH of any CONTRACT and/or express or implied WARRANTY.
9. By execution of this Agreement, the Undersigned also AGREE TO DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY/REIMBURSE each Released Party from any and all claims of the Undersigned and/or a third party arising in whole or in part from Participant’s participation in the Activity.
10. THE UNDERSIGNED represent that the PARTICIPANT is in good health and there are no special problems associated with his/her care. THE UNDERSIGNED authorize any RELEASED PARTY and/or their authorized personnel to call for medical care for the PARTICIPANT or to transport the PARTICIPANT to a medical facility or hospital if, in the opinion of such personnel, medical attention is needed. THE UNDERSIGNED agree that upon the PARTICIPANT’S transport to any such medical facility or hospital that the RELEASED PARTY shall not have any further responsibility for the PARTICIPANT. Further, THE UNDERSIGNED agree to have in place applicable health care coverage and further agree to pay all costs associated with such medical care and related transportation provided for the PARTICIPANT and shall indemnify and hold harmless the RELEASED PARTY from any costs incurred therein, or any claims arising therefrom.
11. In the case of a minor Participant, the Undersigned parent or legal guardian acknowledges that he/she is not only signing this Agreement on his/her behalf, but that he/she is also signing on behalf of the minor and that the minor shall be bound by all the terms of this Agreement. Additionally, by signing this Agreement as the parent or legal guardian of a minor Participant, the parent or legal guardian understands that he/she is also waiving certain rights on behalf of the minor that the minor otherwise may have. The Undersigned parent or legal guardian agrees that but for the foregoing, the minor Participant would not be permitted to participate in the Activity.
12. By signing this Agreement without a parent or legal guardian’s signature, Participant, under penalty of fraud, represents that he/she is at least 18 years of age. If signing as the parent or guardian of a minor Participant, signing adults represent that they are a legal parent or guardian of the minor Participant.
13. The Undersigned hereby grants permission to the sponsors of the Event to use photographic representation whether still or video of Participant for any purpose.
14. The Undersigned understand and acknowledge that this Agreement is a contract and shall be binding to the fullest extent permitted by law. If any part of this Agreement is deemed to be unenforceable, the remaining terms shall be an enforceable contract between the parties. It is the Undersigned’s intent that this Agreement shall be binding upon the assignees, subrogors, distributors, heirs, next of kin, executors and personal representatives of the Undersigned.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THE FOREGOING ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE OF LIABILITY & INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT AND UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT I AM RELEASING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS THAT OTHERWISE MAY EXIST.