Thanks for REGISTERING with Video Games Event. Please select from the following events which you would like to participate.
USOPEN QUALIFIER (Closed)
USASA / GO PRO (Closed) For more info contact your local USASA Series Directors
PreRegister for any EAST COAST event and every member of your team will automatically be entered to win a GoPro Hero3+. The winners name will be randomly selected from all the events preregistration pool on March 15th and announced on the VGE FB page.
FYI- When you begin your registration process you will be directed to submit payment for your event. All payments are different depending on which event you wish to compete. The list of entry fee’s is listed below:
East Coast Series = $20 per team, per video/per stop (If you compete at multiple stops you will pay $20 per stop. Note* this registration does not cover the cost of daily lift passes at each resort. Each resort will have a registration table available for discounted event tickets.)
USOPEN Qualifier = $1.99 per video submission. If you are submitting a video for Slope and Pipe entry your submission cost with be x2.
USASA/GoPro = This event is run through USASA, and you must be a paid USASA member to participate. Teams will be allowed to register through our site for this event, but the payments for your membership are made to USASA directly. Speak to your local USASA representative for more details, or click above to register your series team.
Click this box  for release of liability.
VIDEO GAMES LLC, VIDEO GAMES EVENT
SPONSORED COMPETITOR WARNING, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE OF LIABILITY & INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING. THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY & WAIVER OF CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS.
1. The person who is taking part in the sponsored competition in any capacity, including but not limited to, as a competitor, to officiate, observe, work for or participate in any way in the Event noted above or being permitted to enter for any purpose the location of the Event shall be referred to hereinafter as “Participant”. The “Undersigned” means only the Participant when the Participant is age 18 or older OR it means both the Participant and the Participant’s parent or legal guardian when the Participant is under the age of 18. The Undersigned agree and understand that skiing, riding, training, competition and/or using any of the facilities of a ski area, including but not limited to use of the lifts, ski slopes, trails, and other equipment, for any purpose (hereinafter the “Activity”), can be HAZARDOUS AND INVOLVES THE RISK OF PHYSICAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
2. In consideration for allowing Participant to participate in the Activity, the Undersigned agree that THIS agreement shall be construed in accordance with, and governed by the substantive laws of the COMMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS, without reference to principles governing choice or conflicts of law. in addition, it is agreed THat all legal proceedings relating to the subject matter of this agreement, including but not limited to, any and all claims for injury and/or death arising from the Participant’s participation in the Activity shall be governed by the COMMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS law and exclusive jurisdiction of any claim shall be the District Court OF SUFFOLK COUNTY, MASSACHUSETTS or in the Federal Court for the COMMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTSAND THE UNDERSIGNED CONSENTS AND AGREES THAT JURISDICTION AND VENUE FOR SUCH PROCEEDINGS SHALL BE EXCLUSIVELY WITH SUCH COURTS.
3. The Undersigned are advised that a person using any of the facilities of the ski area is considered a skier. The Undersigned acknowledge and understand the dangers and risks of skiing and understand that the Participant, as a “skier” under the COMMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS law, ASSUMES ALL INHERENT DANGERS AND RISKS as provided by the Ski Safety Act (hereinafter “Act”).
4. The Undersigned further understand and agree that in signing this Agreement, the Undersigned are expresslyacknowledging and assuming additional risks and dangers that may result in property damage, physical injury and/or death above and beyond those outlined in the Act, including but not limited to: Terrain features, including but not limited to: jumps, hits, ramps, banks, fun boxes, jibs, rails, half pipes, quarter pipes, snowcross, bump terrain, and other constructed or natural terrain features; falling; avalanches; cornices; suffocation; drills; exercises; free skiing; traveling to and from an event; practice slopes; warm-up slopes; equipment failure; equipment malfunction; equipment damage; Participant’s use of his/her own personal equipment; Participant’s failure to maintain or adjust his/her own personal equipment; slick or uneven surfaces; slipping; tripping; loss of balance; rugged mountainous terrain; tree wells; downed timber; rocks of various sizes; holes; debris; marked and unmarked obstacles; drainage channels;; unmaintained trails; path and/or trail obstructions; unmarked roads and/or trails; Participant or another acting in a negligent manner that may cause and/or contribute to injury to Participant or others, such as selecting terrain that exceeds his/her ability and not acting within such ability; Participant’s failure to comply with signage; collisions with natural or man-made objects or collisions with other people; falling objects; collisions/encounters with snowmobiles, snowcats and/or other motor vehicles; use of freestyle terrain e.g. half-pipes, terrain parks, becoming lost or separated; lack of shelter; lift loading, unloading, and riding; storms, lightning, hail, snow and other adverse weather; limited access to and/or delay of medical attention; Participant’s health condition; strenuous activity; fatigue; exhaustion; dehydration; hypothermia; high elevation; altitude sickness; frostbite; & mental distress from exposure to any of the above.
5. Pursuant to the COMMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS law, Participant assumes the responsibility of maintaining control at all times while engaging in the Activity. Participant is responsible for reading, understanding and complying with all signage, including instructions on use of lifts. Participant must have the physical dexterity and knowledge to safely load, ride and unload the lifts. Participant assumes the risks of riding the lifts and engaging in activities accessible from the lifts. Further, the Undersigned understand that a minor Participant may use the ski lifts without an adult present. The Undersigned are advised that snowmobiles, snowmaking, and snow-grooming equipment may be encountered at any time, and the Undersigned recognize that falls and collisions occur and injuries are a common and ordinary occurrence of the Activity.
6. The Undersigned acknowledge and understand that the description of the risks listed above are not complete and that participating in the Activity, whether or not described, may be dangerous and may also include risks which are inherent and/or which cannot be reasonably avoided without changing the nature of the Activity. By signing this document, the Undersigned recognize that property loss, serious injury and death are all possible while participating in the Activity.
7. The Undersigned agree with the premise that the Participant is a competitor at all times, whether practicing for competition or in competition. The Undersigned understand that the Participant has the opportunity to inspect the ski/snowboard training course, venue, half-pipe, terrain park and/or competition course prior to participating in the Activity and that he/she assumes the risk of all course conditions, including but not limited to course construction or layout and obstacles. RECOGNIZING THE RISKS AND DANGERS, THE UNDERSIGNED UNDERSTAND THE NATURE OF THE ACTIVITY AND VOLUNTARILY CHOOSE FOR PARTICIPANT TO PARTICIPATE IN AND EXPRESSLY ASSUME ALLRISKS AND DANGERS OF THE ACTIVITY, WHETHER OR NOT DESCRIBED ABOVE, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, INHERENT OR OTHERWISE.
8. Additionally, in consideration for allowing the Participant to participate in the Activity, THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY AGREE NOT TO SUE VIDEO GAMES LLC, REELTHEORY PRODUCTIONS the Host Area, venue, U.S. Forest service, sanctioning body or any of their respective successors in interest, affiliated organizations and companies, insurance carriers, agents, employees, representatives, volunteers, assignees, officers, directors, and shareholders or the promoters, sponsors, advertisers, participants, instructors, racing associations, sanctioning organizations or any subdivisions thereof, resort owners and operators, vehicle operators, officials, rescue personnel, consultants, any persons in the Event location or any Restricted Area, owners and lessees of the Event location used to conduct the Event, premises and Event inspectors, surveyors, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions, or instructions or engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the Event location, the premises or Event and each of them, their directors, officers, agents and employees (each hereinafter a “Released Party””) for any property damage (including but not limited to equipment damage), injury or loss to Participant, including death, which Participant may suffer, arising in whole or in part out of Participant’s participation in the Activity. By agreeing not to sue, the Undersigned are releasing any right to make a claim or file a lawsuit against any Released Party. Also, the UNDERSIGNED AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS AND RELEASE EACH AND EVERY RELEASED PARTY FROM ANY AND ALL liability and/or claims for injury or death to persons or damage to property arising from Participant’s participation in the Activity, including, but not limited to, those claims based on any Released Party’s alleged or actual NEGLIGENCE or BREACH of any CONTRACT and/or express or implied WARRANTY.
9. By execution of this Agreement, the Undersigned also AGREE TO DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY/REIMBURSE each Released Party from any and all claims of the Undersigned and/or a third party arising in whole or in part from Participant’s participation in the Activity.
10. THE UNDERSIGNED represent that the PARTICIPANT is in good health and there are no special problems associated with his/her care. THE UNDERSIGNED authorize any RELEASED PARTY and/or their authorized personnel to call for medical care for the PARTICIPANT or to transport the PARTICIPANT to a medical facility or hospital if, in the opinion of such personnel, medical attention is needed. THE UNDERSIGNED agree that upon the PARTICIPANT’S transport to any such medical facility or hospital that the RELEASED PARTY shall not have any further responsibility for the PARTICIPANT. Further, THE UNDERSIGNED agree to have in place applicable health care coverage and further agree to pay all costs associated with such medical care and related transportation provided for the PARTICIPANT and shall indemnify and hold harmless the RELEASED PARTY from any costs incurred therein, or any claims arising therefrom.
11. In the case of a minor Participant, the Undersigned parent or legal guardian acknowledges that he/she is not only signing this Agreement on his/her behalf, but that he/she is also signing on behalf of the minor and that the minor shall be bound by all the terms of this Agreement. Additionally, by signing this Agreement as the parent or legal guardian of a minor Participant, the parent or legal guardian understands that he/she is also waiving certain rights on behalf of the minor that the minor otherwise may have. The Undersigned parent or legal guardian agrees that but for the foregoing, the minor Participant would not be permitted to participate in the Activity.
12. By signing this Agreement without a parent or legal guardian’s signature, Participant, under penalty of fraud, represents that he/she is at least 18 years of age. If signing as the parent or guardian of a minor Participant, signing adults represent that they are a legal parent or guardian of the minor Participant.
13. The Undersigned hereby grants permission to the sponsors of the Event to use photographic representation whether still or video of Participant for any purpose.
14. The Undersigned understand and acknowledge that this Agreement is a contract and shall be binding to the fullest extent permitted by law. If any part of this Agreement is deemed to be unenforceable, the remaining terms shall be an enforceable contract between the parties. It is the Undersigned’s intent that this Agreement shall be binding upon the assignees, subrogors, distributors, heirs, next of kin, executors and personal representatives of the Undersigned.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THE FOREGOING ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE OF LIABILITY & INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT AND UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT I AM RELEASING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS THAT OTHERWISE MAY EXIST.