OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
The USASA & GoPro / VIDEO GAMES EVENT is an official Reel Theory Productions sanctioned contest. Official contest rules and regulations are created and governed by USASA and VIDEO GAMES EVENT in association with Reel Theory Productions and presented by GoPro.
Submitting participants of USASA VIDEO GAMES EVENT will automatically become registered with Reel Theory Productions. USASA and Video Games Event reserves the right to exclude, and disqualify any entry, that does not meet guidelines outlined in this document.
NEW and IMPROVED: USASA / VGE2015 Presented by GoPro
This year we are happy to announce an expanded VGE series presented by GoPro. This years series will have 3 different events running simultaneously.
- 1. USASA/VGE Individual Monthly Edit contest presented by GoPro Line of the Winter
- 2. USASA/VGE Monthly GoPro Instagram Contest
- 3. VGE – Series Edits Event
- USASA and VideoGamesEvent are excited to launch this years Individual Monthly Edit series hosted by USASA / Line of the Winter presented by GoPro. Dates: January 1st, 2014 – March 15th, 2015 Each series will be allowed to submit their favorite :30 second clips to the USASA /GoPro Line of Winter platform hosted on the VideoGamesEvent Vimeo Site. Six (6x) total winners will be selected two (2x) per month (1x male 1x female) to receive 1x GoPro Camera, $200 in cash, and the local series will receive $150 in cash. Winning videos will be submitted to GoPro for potential preroll promotion.
- VGE Instagram Contest presented by GoPro, will take place from Jan 1st 2015 Until March 15th 2015. [#GoPro #usasa_vge @videogamesevent @usasa_snow] will be used to identify the best USASA Instagram photo. To participate, the image must be captured on a GoPro, and the hashtag’s must be used in posting. Three (3x) total winners will receive a GoPro swag bag (1x) one per month and one grand prize winner will be featured on GoPro’s Photo of the Day.
- VGE – Seasonal Series Edits. Each USASA Series will have their very own opportunity to compete in this years event. Filming will begin on January 1st, using any and all camera types including last years GoPro Hero 3+ that was delivered to every series. Participating series will submit application Due by Jan1st, and in turn will be delivery the new GoPro Hero4 by Jan15th 2015. Further details are outlined below.
IT’S AS EASY AS 1-2-3
- 1. FORM A TEAM AND SEND IN YOUR FORMS (Must complete to receive cameras)
- 2. RECEIVE YOUR CAMERAS AND START FILMING
- 3. SUBMIT YOUR VIDEOS BY THE DEADLINES PROVIDED
We are encouraging all series to use this video as a way to help promote your region. Please take the time to explore and discuss what makes your series the best series in the USASA. Give us reasons why we should pick your series as the overall winning series. We encourage the best riding possible, the best use of camera work, and the best story line possible. This is your chance to shine and show the world why your series is the best!
- USASA Series Edit Event Contest
- The official submission deadline for Series Directors is January 7th, 2015
- Team riders, filmers, and official editor must be named at the time of submission.
- Cameras will be shipped January 15th, 2015
- The official contest FILMING period is January 1st, 2015 to March 15th, 2015.
- Final Series Edits are due no later than March 22nd 2015
- All deadlines are accepted until the 11:59:59 pm EST hour of that given day. Any submission received past this time frame will excluded from the event.
- Edit Guidelines: Final series edits are required to be three (3) minutes or less using the provided intro and ender footage, images, logos and audio. All teams will be given a specific “task list,” that will designate other mandatory shots required to qualify for the contest. Those submitting edits are encouraged to use any post-production techniques necessary to convey their own unique style of editing. All work submitted (beyond the footage that has been provided by USASA & Go Pro / VIDEO GAMES EVENT and Reel Theory Productions) must be exclusively that of the submitting team. Additional footage may be shot and submitted and will be accepted at the discretion of USASA and Video Games Event. All additional footage will become the property of USASA & Go Pro / VIDEO GAMES EVENT and will not be returned. USASA & Go Pro / VIDEO GAMES EVENT and Reel Theory Productions will review all material before uploading to the voting home page. Video Games will not post any submissions that have crude content, including but not limited to nudity, unacceptable language, foul gestures, racial slurs, racist symbols, and any forms of hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and/or sexual orientation/gender identity). USASA and VGE reserve the right to restrict any team from entering with improper material used in the submitted edit.
- MUSIC: Use of music is limited to the database provided by GoPro / USASA / Video Games Event. Edits submitted with non-approved Video Games Music will be ineligible for voting submission.
- RTP Music Selection (Available through a downloadable link)
- Music Sites like: MusicBed.com, Pond5.com, or FreeMusicArchive.org
- Original Scores (Friends and Family owned music rights)
FORMAT: Submissions can be made only via the online upload process and will be limited to .MOV files only, exported at 1280 x 720. This is the only format that has been approved by Video Games Event.
- For additional support follow instructions: https://vimeo.com/help/compression
- To find tutorials from each editing software on the right side of the page.
GRAPHIC INSERT: VGE will email all editors an animated graphic insert on March 1st. This graphic must be added to the beginning of the edit and to the end of the edit to qualify for submission.
SUBMISSION: Series Directors will be emailed a “upload code” on March 14th. This code for upload is good for 1 week. All videos must be submitted to this code within this time frame.
ENTRY FEES: There is no designated entry fee specified to this event, but to participate you must be a current member of the USASA for the 2013/2014 season. Entrants must be 13 years of age to participate, otherwise parental consent is required. Parental consent is required for any participants age twelve (12) and under.
Edits must be the original work of the participant. All edits must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This contest is open submission. Both professional and amateur editors may participate. The official entries may only be made by those teams, which have completed the waiver and letter of intent. Edits may not be submitted by a third party on behalf of an editor, except if its from the series director.
PUBLICATION: Entrants agree to allow USASA & Go Pro / VIDEO GAMES EVENT and its partners to publish submitted video and imagery in print or electronic form, for use in USASA & Go Pro / VIDEO GAMES EVENT and Reel Theory Productions promotions, www.reeltheory.com or www.videogamesevent.com, www.usasa,org, www.gopro.com on future USASA & Go Pro / VIDEO GAMES EVENT or Reel Theory Productions DVD releases, and on marketing and event advertising without compensation.
AWARDS/PRIZES: All prizes listed below will be awarded at the final day of awards at Copper Mtn. Top 10 videos will be revealed on Nationals Movie night. Our guest panel will be in attendance to talk about the video who were selected and why they were selected. (Final list of prizes pending; Detailed Prize List will be announced on January 15th, 2015.)
- Grand Prize (Gold)
▪ Woodward Prize: 2 Free Digital Media Summer Camp Sessions and 2 Free Snowboard / Ski Camp Sessions to winners of USASA National Video Contest (1 from each Woodward Snow location Boreal and Copper)
▪ Cash: $1000* dollar scholarship to the winning series
▪ Go Pro Swag
- Silver (Ski and Snowboard)
▪ Cash Prize: $500* dollar scholarship to the winning series
▪ Gear; From Participating Sponsors
▪ GoPro Swag
- Bronze (Ski and Snowboard)
▪ $250* dollar scholarship to the winning series
▪ Gear: From Participating Sponsors
▪ GoPro Swag
- Series Prize: GoPro Hero4 for best rider in series edit
* Note- All cash prizes are awarded to the winning “Series”. This money is used a donation to help the series financial obligations.
OFFICIAL USASA & GO PRO / VIDEO GAMES EVENT CONTEST JUDGES: Official contest judges will be comprised of the following: Professional GoPro Team Riders, USASA Team Riders, Video Games Event creative team, Reel Theory Production’s creative team, and guest judges specializing in the world of progressive post-production. USASA & Go Pro / VIDEO GAMES EVENT reserves the right to changes judges at any time. Final list of judges will be announced sometime between February 1st, 2015, and March 15th 2015.
JUDGING FORMAT: The final 10 videos will be selected from a panel of selected judges. Judges will base all videos on the elements below. Judges will review top 30 videos and pick the top ten based on the quality of edits listed below.
- VGE standard judging
- 30% Viewers Choice (Based on views)
- 30% Filming Quality (Use of camera, focus, steady, depth of field, framing)
- 20% Story Line (basis of series story)
- 10% Stand Out Rider
- 5% Riding Quality (level of action skiing of snowboarding)
- 5% Tempo (flow, overall impression)
JUDGING CRITERIA: Official contest judges will select the top edits based on the team or individual’s ability to develop an edit that has a unique and effective style that is complementary to the spirit of the designated sport. Their decisions will be based on their overall accepted qualities of post-production excellence. Four basic principles of quality will be applied to the judging format; 1-Quality of Filming; 2- Stand Out Performances 3 -Story Line 4- Overall Impression (tempo)
GENERAL AGREEMENT: Submission of an entry to the contest automatically constitutes the entrant’s acceptance of all conditions set forth in the above rules. Entries not complying with these rules will be disqualified.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PHOTO/VIDEO CONTEST: PARTICIPANTS WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO CLAIM AMBIGUITY IN THE RULES, AND RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSORS, THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, PRIZE SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, ‘RELEASEES’), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO USASA & GO PRO / VIDEO GAMES EVENT AND REEL THEORY PRODUCTIONS, FROM AND AGAINST ANY INJURIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, OR ANY LIABILITY OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM OR ARISING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PHOTO CONTEST (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY USE, MISUSE, OR NONUSE OF THE PRIZE BY THE WINNER), OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE OR NONUSE OF THE PRIZE THAT MAY BE AWARDED. WINNERS AGREE TO ACCEPT THE PRIZES ‘AS IS’. WINNERS ASSUME ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE CAUSED, OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED, BY PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR USE OR REDEMPTION OF ANY PRIZE.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By participating in this promotion, you agree to be bound by the Official Rules, the contest terms, each of the Sponsor’s privacy policies and the decisions of the judges which are final. The Sponsors reserve the right to change these rules or cancel the contest at any time, at its sole discretion. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any contest materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All material submitted becomes the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. All the disputes relating to this contest shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The Sponsors are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any contest related materials; or for transactions that are lost, misdirected, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted
late or incorrectly, or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper transfer, mail system, human or other error; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, including inability to access any Web site associated with this contest, or process any transaction thereon. You acknowledge and agree that the contest is one of skill, not chance. You further acknowledge and agree that your ability to succeed in the contest will be based purely on your skill versus that of other participants. The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and is subject to all applicable mandatory federal (national), state and local laws.
Entrants are solely responsible for assuring that no legal claims are brought against Video Games Event/Reel Theory Productions or its partners for any legal claims brought against them regarding the content of their submitted image or the subjects in their submitted image. If any third party claims are brought against the Sponsor or its partners, the entrants hereby acknowledge and agree to indemnify the Sponsor and its partners.
Sponsors and Organizers have the right to cancel or suspend the contest at any time. Sponsors and Organizers have the right to change or alter the rules of this contest at any time.
No Assignment: Neither party may assign or transfer its right and obligations under this agreement without the written approval of the other party.
Entire Agreement: This Agreement, including the exhibits attached hereto, constitutes the entire agreement (with respect to this project) between the parties and supersedes any previous agreement between the parties. This agreement may not be altered, modified, amended or changed in whole or in part, except in writing, and executed by both parties.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto acknowledge that they have read this agreement, fully understand it, and freely and voluntarily agree to each of its provisions.
USASA Series Directors
AGREED AND ACCEPTED:
Names of participants:
Videographer #1 _________________________________________________________________________
Videographer #2 _________________________________________________________________________
Videographer #3 _________________________________________________________________________
(Not all Videographer are required. Videographer and Editor maybe the same person)
Primary Rider #1 _________________________________________________________________________
Primary Rider #2 _________________________________________________________________________
Primary Rider #3 _________________________________________________________________________
Primary Rider #4 _________________________________________________________________________
Additional Riders _________________________________________________________________________
(Name the most likely participants from your series. You do not need to know exact names and or numbers now. This helps us gauge your series participation from the start)
Comments, Concerns, or Complaints about the above information will be considered and addressed at the time of submission. Please take the time to voice your opinion now. No arguments will be considered after the submission deadline of January 1st. Thanks for your time and consideration.
USASA-VGE 2015 presented by GoPro